10 May 2021

LET'S START AGAIN!

It has come as a surprise to me how long it has been since my last post and for that I apologise. There have been reasons, some I suspect shared, but to save us from a tortuous bullet-pointed list I'll put it under the title: Life.

There are things to show for this time. Several collage pieces completed before unforeseeable twists stalled my artwork, a collection of photographs and a new studio.

Although my design and artwork have taken a break, my photography has continued and I have found great reward from it. As time has been an issue I revived an old, unused instagram account (sleeplessink.art) to serve as a place to easily and quickly upload photos.

At first I thought of the instagram account as a dumping ground for the pictures I was taking. Because of time restraints, lockdowns and travel restrictions the photographs being taken were, and essentially still are, all from around Newquay, this has been surprisingly enjoyable and the account has assisted in creating a thread, almost a project of images from the town I live in. Ironically a place I could never see pictures in, for years I felt it necessary to be somewhere else to get good photographs.

Now with the studio, more time and hopefully opportunities to move freely again, I can start producing work for a new website and galleries.