15 January 2024

PYZEL SURFBOARD SPRAY (SHORT REEL)

It's been a sleepy start with surfboards in 2024.

The spray-jobs so far have been straight forward, unremarkable truth be told. Single colour all over, single colour deck and rails, single colour rails...you see where I'm going with this. All good with me, much needed bread & butter work, but of little interest or note to bang a drum about.

This week I sprayed black rails on a freshly glassed stock Pyzel surfboard. In itself not headline news, but I wanted to get the 2024 surfboard year and my sprays kickstarted. This stock board had been lurking around the factory without urgency for being finished, so now was as good a time as any to get it done and in the racks.

It had the paint-drag put on the foam way back in June last year, so to complete it and frame the colourful paint-drag to help it 'pop', black rails seemed fitting.