9 September 2023

WELCOME SEPTEMBER 2023 - SURF'S UP

After a dreary July and August, in weather and surf, September arrived and turned on.

What did you think was going to happen - the schools went back and on that day the sun shone brightly, swell arrived and the wind dropped off and went around.

With a little bit of juggling I managed to surf, work and get an afternoon on Fistral beach with my camera. So good to to feel the energy when the conditions align, allowing everyone to enjoy it, surfers, swimmers, spectators, visitors...

It was my first outing with my Canon 6D and longer lenses. It felt good and I look forward to some winter swells and storms arriving, so I can spend time along the coast and get some shots of the Atlantic force meeting the Cornish coastline.

But for now, it's all about now!

surfing-surfer-surf-newquay-fistral

surfer-surfing-wave-surf-cornwall

surfing-barrel-tube-surf-fistral-beach

More photos of surf and surfboards @sleeplessink.com